What is the Auction?
If you are a card collector or just browsing through your favorite website – we are proud to have you as our family.
FEATURE 01.We bring collectors across Japan on a common platform.
Auctions will take place generally starting from Tuesday and running through the following Sunday (Japan time). Join the excitement on Sunday evenings at Cardova, where a larger crowd means fairer prices. We ensure you have an enjoyable auction experience as our team monitors and prevents any illicit activities like price rigging or shill bidding.
FEATURE 02.Comprehensive Transactional Support.
Leave the imaging and detailing of your cards to us. Our team will ensure that your cards receive the attention they deserve, with high-resolution imagery that leaves no scratch unnoticed. Our in-house card experts provide detailed and accurate descriptions to boost buyers' confidence. Additionally, our Guarantee Policy safeguards your transactions against unexpected issues.
FEATURE 03.Bid with Ease and Freedom.
Listing fees are free for every auction without designated starting prices. For auctions with a seller-designated starting price that doesn't attract any bids, a 3.3% listing fee will apply. Buyer's Premiums start at 9.90% and can go as low as 4.95% (Tax incl.) based on your membership status. Cardova Auctions will help you stay updated on the pulse of the market.
How to List an Item for Auction
There are two ways of listing an item for auction.
To List in Auction
- EligibilityOnly those who have completed the membership registration process (verified members) are eligible to participate.
However, non-members are welcome to view the content without any restrictions.
- Event ScheduleFrequencyWeeklyDurationApproximately 2 weeksStarts onTuesday Noon (Japan time)Ends onFollowing Sunday Evening (ending time may differ based on the auction)
- Participation MethodOnline only
- PreviewOnline only
- Bidding CurrencyJapanese Yen
- Starting PriceThe starting price of the auction varies for each lot.
There are no undisclosed minimum bid prices or a reserve.
Any bid received at the starting price will entitle the bidder with a chance to win the lot.
- Buyer’s PremiumThe winning bidder will be charged a fee of 4.95% to 9.90% (incl. of taxes) of the winning bid price.
In some cases, listing fees may also be charged to the seller.
- Event FlowAt Cardova, Auctions are held on a weekly basis. Auctions will begin at noon on Tuesdays and ends in the evening on the following Sunday, resulting in an approximately two-week duration.
All items being auctioned start simultaneously, and the timing of their closure varies for each listing based on the number of bids and bidding activity.
The Auction Period is divided into three main parts.
If two or more bids are submitted, the auction will be extended.
During the extension phase, bidding remains open to all participants, similar to the regular bidding period. Even if someone decides not to bid during the extension phase, they can still participate in bidding as long as the extension rounds are ongoing.
Charges (Tax incl.)
|The membership rank of the bidder determines the Buyer's Premium. See your Membership Status page under Account.
|Without a designated Starting Price
|No listing fee is charged for listings without a designated starting price.
|With a designated Starting Price
|If a listing with a designated starting price ends without attracting any bids, a listing fee will be charged against the designated starting price.